Thursday, March 16, 2017

The benefits of using Blender - Bug reporting and solving

On a sunny morning at the beginning of March I found that if I hit OpenGL render active viewport in the Video Sequence Editor Blender crashed. I tried it different ways and I realized that the reason is  the scene had Grace Pencil drawing. It was a bug. I was kind of newbe using Blender but I had internet so I search for bug reporting. I found that article in Blender Nation:
Reporting Bugs in Blender 

I just followed the instruction. I had to register on developer.blender.org forum. So I report the bug on 1st of March (2017) and within a day I got the confirmation and on the same day there was a new daily release which did not produce the crash. Pretty amazing, isn't it! Which commercial software company can compete with this?
Btw the (latest) daily build which can be found here: https://builder.blender.org/download

No comments:

Post a Comment